Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Inspired by Vintage: Vintage Engagement

I received an email a few weeks ago from a girl looking for a wedding photographer. I had a good feeling about her right away and ran to check out her Engagement Board on Pinterest to see what kind of photos she was looking for. I was thrilled to see a bunch of quirky, funny and cute photos. My favorite kind of shoot is with a couple or a family willing to go wild experimenting and enjoying-- each other, me, the time we spend together creating... because it's not just 'the photographer' who creates the images; the whole shoot really relies on a group effort.

engagement photos

Everything started to come together and though I hadn't intended the 'fairy tale' vibe, it just started happening in editing the images. The quilt above is an antique log cabin style, just a beat up quilt I found on an auction. I took a ton of props to the shoot from my etsy shop, a pink vintage Coleman cooler, an old guitar, vintage picnic baskets and several other quilts, and when Seth picked up that guitar and started playing, I was surprised. He was fantastic. I think I fell in love with both of them!


engagement photos


engagement photos

More photos after the break... click below to see more.


engagement photos

engagement photos

15 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely shoot! I fell in love too!

    - Angeli from BYW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shots! Love it!
    Bine (also BYW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous memories for your clients and yourself!

    Heather from BYW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning shots!

    Denise from BYW

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty and yes very fairytale like. awesome idea to have your clients create a board of the type of photography they want. gives you a clear idea of their vision etc.
    Meg fro BYW

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are magical.

    Boi-Yeanoh from BYW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes...it is very much a group effort! You nailed that on the head! Great captures.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. Great photography. BYW - pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures - the light! And love the quilt one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic pictures, love them! Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s so gorgeous Vintage Engagement. Lovely photos that I completely enjoyed watching. At one of the Seattle Wedding venues we too would be marrying in the next year and I think my fiancé would be cool with a chic 80s vintage themed ceremony. I will soon have a talk about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
#Navbar1 { margin: 0; padding: 0; display: none; visibility: hidden; }