Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Boobies and Buses, down by the river and across the country

converted school bus

The SNL sketch where Matt Foley (Chris Farley) does his "living in a van down by the river" bit is one of the only sketches in history that makes me roll on the floor laughing every time I see it. His exuberance makes it timeless. I feel similarly exuberant about any living space wholly unique: converted school buses (above), converted schoolhouses, churches, treehouses, you name it. This bus even has a wood burning stove, making it perfect for frosty nights down by the river.

Wish me well, my friends, this is my final post before I get my boobies checked out (there seems to be a small lump) and with the masterminded planning of a genius, I leave right after the exam to drive 26 hours to Las Vegas for 14 scheduled photo shoots in 4 days. I'll be an exhausted bugger, but I fully intend to post some images from the trip (I'm driving through Colorado and the magical part of Utah) and some images from the shoot: it's a cowboy-kitsch-bohemian-wanderer theme, with costumes, props, and some lovely friends.

5 comments:

  1. hi...i discovered your delightful blog from our class togeter...Boot Camp. Love it! Love that bus...wouldn't that be just perfect to own? sigh... I love your etsy shop too! think i maybe doing some ordering! Noticed you were featured in Apartment Therapy...my daughter writes for them... See you in class and look forward to seeing pics of your trip. (good luck with your exam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome (about your daughter writing for them), what's her name? I know 1 or 2 people there, just via the internet. Thanks for commenting; I'll visit you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your boobies are OK and you have a great trip! I think it would be great to take a road trip alone, stopping wherever you want to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the boobie love, Heather. I go for another check Monday! Lone road trips are the best, because nobody gets frustrated with my multiple photo-taking stops. On the way back I swung through Winslow, AZ. Can't wait to post photos from the rest of the trip; I'm catching up on sleep from that loooooooooong drive home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you convert this bus yourself, or by it from the person who converted it? Looks JUST LIKE the bus an old friend converted years ago. He was a web developer. Curious if it's the same bus. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
#Navbar1 { margin: 0; padding: 0; display: none; visibility: hidden; }