Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Awakening the carpenter within

Untitled

I finally finished my wood slat wall a couple of weeks ago and then came across these amazing wooden chairs at the Catholic Thrift Shop, five bucks apiece!  I found the kilim pillows and the cardboard moosehead on etsy... links to the shops provided. We seem to have a lot of musical instruments laying around; people just seem to keep leaving guitars, amps, drums, all sorts of things at our house. Not that I'm complaining, I just wish someone would leave me a fiddle. I can ROCK the fiddle. And that's all brag; I think I'm really good; everyone else seems to run and hide. Ever since I heard 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia' the first time, I've dreamed of playing it, with some pyrotechnics in the background maybe.  Guys screaming and throwing their boxers at the stage. Bob Dylan watching from the audience entranced by my playing, and ohhh, they don't even know my name is Jonnie!!! And it might be a sin, but I'll take your bet and you're gonna regret, cuz I'm the best that's ever been....
Okay, I'm better with a camera. Silently searching for just the right light, just the right odd combination of people, trees, cars, weather. Sometimes I think I'll finally take "the photo" like the one that says IT, that does IT, that explains the whole universe to me and we become one, I turn into square little biological pixels, and the pixels crumble, scatter to the winds and I become a rainbow. That's what happens, they say, when there's too much magic in a rectangle at once. I haven't done it yet, but there are a few photos I'd at least call memorable. I'll get around to scanning and posting them one of these days; the meantime, here's another example of the carpentry skills, not necessarily a photographic awakening:

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
#Navbar1 { margin: 0; padding: 0; display: none; visibility: hidden; }