Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Before and...

Untitled

I came across this little gem today in my mom's family album. That's my ma on the right there, with the rockabilly haircut and dress, sitting with my Aunt Paula, Aunt Marlyn, Uncle Tom and a mystery girl, there in the pinkish dress. How FABULOUS are those curtains, the French Bulldog, my uncle's suspenders and my aunt's dress (far left)? This is one of my favorites.

On the left is the original scan; the photo was hot pink! I scanned it and took it into photoshop, but I think I'm going to stick with the original... the colors may be whack, but I'm a lover of original flaws. . . everything takes me back to the Velveteen Rabbit. And I could go on a tirade about "people and things earning their scars" and the glory of getting "loved up til your eyes pop out and your fur gets worn," but I'll save it for another day. For now, I'll just say that the vintage actions for photoshop are great, but I'll always have a deep affinity for film.

Which edit do you like better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
#Navbar1 { margin: 0; padding: 0; display: none; visibility: hidden; }